Firefighters are working to contain an out of control bushfire in the Nambeelup and Stake Hill Area.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services have issued an Emergency level warning for those residents bounded by Readheads Road to the north, Bush Retreat and Scott Road to the east, Nambeelup Brook to the south and Dollyup Street and Patterson Road to the west.
“You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes,” DFES said.
The out of control and a upredictible blaze started near the intersection of Scott and Lakes Road and is moving fast in a westerly direction.
Firefighters warn Burning embers are likely to be blown around homes with spot fires starting up to 300 metres ahead of the blaze.
WHAT TO DO
- If the way is clear, leave now for a safer place.
- Do not wait and see, leaving at the last minute is deadly.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- If you cannot leave, you need to get ready to shelter in your home.
- Go to a room in your home away from the fire front and make sure you can easily escape.
- Choose a room with two exits and water such as a kitchen or laundry.
- If you are not at home, it’s too dangerous to return.
WARNING: This article may be outdated. For live updates and emergency advice visit: www.emergency.wa.gov.au.