Breaking

Watch | Battery believed to have started fire that gutted Dawesville home

Flames engulf a home in Dawesville. Photo: Tex Reeks.
Watch | A house fire in Dawesville is believed to have started from a battery.

A home has been completely gutted by fire in Dawesville overnight.

Firefighters from Falcon and Mandurah were called to Mc Cubbin Loop after reports flames were coming from a property about 12:42am.

Crews arrived to find a single-storey home fully engulfed by fire.

Photo: Skeer News.

Flames could be seen billowing out of the roof as crews worked to get the blaze under control.

Firefighters from Murdoch were also called in to assist.

Falcon Volunteer Firefighters believe the blaze was sparked from a lithium-ion battery charging in the garage but the offical cause is yet to be determined by DFES investigators.

The damage bill is estimated at more than $600,000.

Photo: Skeer News.

It’s understood the home is insured.

St John Ambulance was initially called to the scene but its understood there were no physical injuries.

Back to top button