BreakingLocal News

Falcon shed fire leaves hefty damage bill

Firefighters have rushed to a large shed blaze, believed to have started from a blowtorch, in Falcon on Sunday.

Emergency services were called to the backyard of a Honeytree Place home about 12:20pm.

Crews arrived several minutes later to find a 20 by 20 metre shed fully engulfed by flames with the roof collapsing just seconds later.

Firefighters from Falcon and Mandurah managed to get the blaze controlled in under 20 minutes.

More than nine crews attended the scene including a team from Murdoch.

It’s understood the fire was accidentally started by a boy, believed to be the son of a man who lives at the address, using a blowtorch inside the shed.

The fire comes just days out of Christmas with the Department of Fire and Emergency Services estimating the damage bill to be about $150,000.

It’s understood no one was injured.

It’s not clear if the family was insured.

Tex Reeks

Texas (Tex) Reeks is a video journalist and national award-winning news photographer. Reeks' dedication and commitment to local news media and telling stories has seen him build an extensive portfolio in Western Australia's news industry from a young age. Writing online stories and covering news events for Perth's mainstream media networks, Reeks, has covered and broken some of WA's biggest breaking news stories including shark attacks, police manhunts, plane crashes, major crime investigations, and major political incidents. Reeks' interest and knowledge in criminology and policing results in his focus on crime and court stories.
Back to top button