Local News

Golf carts damaged in Mandurah Country Club shed fire

Vision: Tex Reeks/Skeer Media

Golf carts have been destroyed after a shed blaze at the Mandurah Country Club yesterday. 

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) received a triple zero call that a shed, used to store the clubs golf carts, had caught fire on Marsh Place in Halls Head at 4:29pm. 

Black smoke could be seen billowing into the air and loud pops could be heard as tyres exploded. 

It took firefighters from Mandurah, Falcon and Rockingham about 25 minutes to extinguish the blaze. 

DFES says they understand the fire was caused by a battery charger.

A number of golf carts were destroyed and significant damage was caused to the shed. 

The cost of the damage is unknown. 

Tex Reeks

Texas (Tex) Reeks is a video journalist and national award-winning news photographer. Reeks' dedication and commitment to local news media and telling stories has seen him build an extensive portfolio in Western Australia's news industry from a young age. Writing online stories and covering news events for Perth's mainstream media networks, Reeks, has covered and broken some of WA's biggest breaking news stories including shark attacks, police manhunts, plane crashes, major crime investigations, and major political incidents. Reek's interest and knowledge in criminology and policing results in his focus on crime and court stories.
Back to top button