Local News

Halls Head home goes up in flames | Video

A home has been gutted by fire in Halls Head overnight.

The Department pf Fire and Emergency Services received a triple zero call that a fire had started at a home on Oakdale Close at 11:37pm.

Upon arrival, crews say the house was fully engulfed.

Smoke could be seen billowing into the air and down the street which made visibility minimal.

A neighbour said she heard a commotion and loud bangs shortly before the fire started.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if someone through something through the window,” she said.

“People come and go from here all the time.”

It took firefighters from Mandurah, Rockingham, Falcon and Murdoch just over an hour to bring the blaze under control.

A man, in his 60s, residing at the address said the fire started from a candle.

He said they had to use candles because the property had no power after his fuse box was stolen.

It’s understood no one was injured.

Firefighters confirmed the blaze was accidental and that it started from a candle burning down to the bottom of its wick.

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services estimate the damage bill to be at $300,000.

Tex Reeks

Freelance video journalist
Back to top button