Photos: Tex Reeks
The magical ‘Boorna Waanginy: The Trees Speak’ at kings park is nothing short of spectacular, the free event celebrates Western Australia’s unique natural landscape, biodiversity, and Aboriginal culture.
Over four nights the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority have partnered with Perth Festival to transform Kings Park into a canvas of light and sound to celebrate Aboriginal culture and nature.
- Shoppers fight in Mandurah Spud Shed | VIDEO
- Baldivis crash closes Kwinana Freeway
- EFTPOS outages cause headaches for central Mandurah shoppers
Boorna Waanginy is a magical 1.5 kilometre walk through Kings Park with colourful lights and sounds as you explore the six seasons filled with stories about WA’s magnificent environment and Aboriginal culture.
The journey is a family friendly event that starts at the West Perth entrance to Kings Park on Fraser Avenue and
Session run from 8pm to 11pm with the last entry at 10:30pm, people can arrive between the two times whenever they like and explore at their own pace.
The alcohol free event is on show from February 8 to 11, road and carpark closures will be put in place.
Perth Festival and the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority recommend the following:
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Bring food and drink if you wish (food and drink will also be available for purchase prior to the start and at the end of the journey)
- Wear a cardigan or light jacket in case of cooler weather
- Bring a raincoat or poncho if rain is forecast
- Due to road and carpark closures, we strongly encourage use the of public transport. There will be free shuttle buses between Perth Busport and the corner of Colin Street and Kings Park Road running approximately every eight minutes between 7.00 pm and 11.15 pm. Some travel delays may be experienced, so please plan your journey and allow extra time to get to the event.
- For those who cannot use public transport, parking is available in City of Perth carparks and nearby suburbs. ACROD parking will be available in the Lotterywest Family Area in Kings Park off Kings Park Road.
- For those who require assistance at the end of the journey to return to the starting point, an assistance bus will depart every 15 minutes between 8.00pm and 11.00pm.
For more information visit www.perthfestival.com.au.