A man has been charged after a pipe bomb and drugs were found at a home in Rockingham on Tuesday.
Rockingham Detectives raided a property on Harrison Street where they allegedly located a pipe bomb on a shelf in the living room and a number of drugs and weapons including Methylamphetamine and a taser.
Police bomb technicians attended the address and conducted an x-ray of the pipe bomb where they identified it as a personnel bomb containing gas cylinders, nuts and bolts.
It is further alleged during the search police also located a flask containing ammonium nitrate, which is commonly used in the manufacturing of explosives and two detonators.
A 30-year-old Rockingham man is facing charges of:
• Making or Possession of Explosives under Suspicious Circumstances;
• Possess Prohibited Weapon;
• Possessed any Drug Paraphernalia in or on which there was a Prohibited Drug or Plant;
• Possess a Prohibited Drug (Cannabis); and
• Possessed a Trafficable Quantity of Methylamphetamine with Intent to Sell or Supply it to Another.
He is due to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court today.