Police have charged a man after a patrol car was damaged in a high-speed chase and three properties were burgled in Perth’s south on Tuesday night.
Investigators allege a Honda CR-V was stolen from one of two properties targetted in Shoalwater before a third home was burgled in Safety Bay between 7pm and 9:30pm.
While conducting patrols of the area, officers sighted the Honda on Rae Road in Rockingham and attempted to stop the vehicle before he allegedly sped away about 9:30pm.
The chase went through several suburbs including Rockingham, Hillman, Kwinana Beach, Calista and Wellard before it came to a dramatic end in Leda after a tyre deflation device was deployed.
When officers stopped the driver allegedly rammed the side of their police car before continuing on into a nearby park on Bilya Gardens.
Police pounced as the man got out of the car and arrested him at the scene about 9:40pm.
The 40-year-old Parmelia man has been charged with more than eight offences including:
- Reckless driving exceeded the speed limit by 45 km/h or more on a length of road
- Two counts of No authority to drive – suspended (other than fines suspension)
- Breach of Bail
- Three counts of Aggravated Burglary and commit
- Three counts of Stealing
- Steal Motor Vehicle and Drive Recklessly
- Reckless driving to escape pursuit by police
- Driver of a vehicle failed to comply with a direction to stop (circumstance of aggravation)
He will appear in the Rockingham Magistrates Court today.